Late 2004, I had a look at my pages again, after a long, long
time. I must admit, I did not like them at all anymore.
There was too much stuff taken from other people's pages without
permission, something I had criticised other people for even at
that time! It is probably much too late to apologize for
everything, but at least I could take immediate action and remove
all the stuff. On the way I decided that keeping the page
both in German and in English was far too much work. Everything
I have written myself and which was original content on this page, but
which was in German or did otherwise not fit into the concept can now
be found here. Note that these things are not maintained at
all. You can of course send
suggestions for improvements but please do so for the rest of
the site first, as this stuff really has no priority for me.
Please note that my views and opinions were quite strange at the time
some of this stuff had been written and especially the tone was quite
rude. All this is from the past century, please remember this before
you send a flame. I have changed my attitude on many things and
yes, my words from a decade ago now sound funny and strange
to myself, too.
Translations of other people's texts
- NOREO's OCEAN GIRL page in German
- The episode guides for seasons 1–3 and some biographies you
could previously find on this site were really the ones from Noreo's
web page. I removed them, but to have some use for the German
translations I once did, I have put them into NOREO's Ocean Girl
page and also translated the rest. So if you still have an
archival copy of NOREO's Ocean Girl web page, you can copy the translated
files into the folder with the other files and view everything
completely in German now. indexg.html is the main
content file you should open and start to surf.
- Various biographies translated to German
- All the biographies you could previously find on this web page
were taken from other web pages which was, of course, not right.
So I removed them and to preserve the German translation I did for them
once, I put them all together into one file.
- German translation of an outline of season 4
- The official descriptions for season 4 found previously in the
episode guide had been taken from Jonathan's web page. It was
removed and the German translation I did for it can now be found
here. The original source of this outline is Jonathan
M. Shiff Productions according to Jonathan, even though it does not match
the descriptions which can be found in their press kit. But
that probably only makes them more interesting.
- Short OCEAN GIRL episode descriptions in German
- Some parts of the OCEAN GIRL episode guide by Sf-Lovers were used on
my page previously in the season overview. These were removed and
the parts I translated to German are now here for independent viewing.
- German translation of ORCA meets SEAQUEST DSV
- ORCA meets SEAQUEST DSV was the first fan fic story to be written
which was playing inside the OCEAN GIRL universe. I once translated
it to German and it didn't look that useless, so I preserved it and put
Other people's texts in German
- Official German episode descriptions
- The two channels which are airing OCEAN GIRL in Germany, ZDF
and Kinderkanal, had descriptions of some episodes in their video
text pages. I collected some of them.
- List of official German episode titles
- Unlike the original, the German version of OCEAN GIRL has titles
for each episode. These are displayed in the intros. I wrote
them all down so you can have a look at them. Might be handy
for labelling your tapes or to find out about the episode number if you
roughly know the plot—or vice versa.
Old texts in German
- German Synopses by Frank Zavelberg
- Frank 'Locutus' Zavelberg once sent me his wonderful synopses for
publishing on this web page. Very unfortunately they don't fit
into the new concept, because they are in German only and entirely.
So I have decided to put them here and if you understand German, you
can enjoy them.
- German rules and tips for writing Fan Fic
- Writing fan fic has a great tradition in the OCEAN GIRL fan
community. I had gathered some hints on what seems to be
hidden rules in the series and also some rather serious tips on
how to improve the quality of the result.
- German frequently asked questions
- Previously this site had answers to the most frequently asked
questions quite a significant part of which was stuff from NOREO's
web page translated to German. This part is now available
in the complete translation but there was quite some stuff which
I had actually written entirely myself. But be careful, what
you can read in this FAQ is notoriously outdated (and will not be
brought up to date anymore).
- German OCEAN GIRL glossary
- I had once written a glossary, explaining all the slang used
in OCEAN GIRL. It was entirely in German and that is the
reason for it to be found here now.
- The ORCA Technical Guide, German Version
- Perhaps the most interesting part of my site was the ORCA Technical
Guide, describing the inner workings, structure and organization of
ORCA. It is entirely in German however, thus it was not saved
from being moved here, too.
- German cast descriptions
- Previously, all the cast descriptions were in German, but as
that was against the new concept, all this stuff has been moved
to an archival page.
- German episode descriptions
- All the old episode short descriptions and the few full
descriptions that I wrote in German for this page previously.